We are so excited about all the plans for our 2015 SEC, Compelled2015! Here are some of the activities and offerings that will be included:
- The Greenville Drive minor league baseball team will sponsor a Compelled2015 night on Saturday evening following our general session. Fun will include a special section for our group - we will throw out the first pitch and have an Honorary Captain at home plate for the Manager’s meeting; Compelled members will get to participate in on-field games between innings; one of our singers is invited to sing the National Anthem and we will get a huge welcome on their DriveVision screen! AND they are giving us a very special deal of only $6 per ticket or $10 to include ticket and meal! WOW – this will be a great night to fellowship and draw attention to our Greenville church!
- Special Singles program scheduled for Friday afternoon. Join us on Friday afternoon between 2 and 4:30 at "3C." Three C stands for Called, Compelled and Coffee. Join us for some coffee and a place to reinvigorate that fire inside of you that compels you to live the life you were called to as you follow Jesus. We'll be taking a fresh look, in a laid back atmosphere, on why singleness is a gift and why God gave it to us. This won't be your average conference workshop so don't miss it.
- Fun middle-school program! The leaders at the Swamp are bringing games and competitions for our pre-teens and they are in for a fun afternoon! Here is what they have in store: Here is a challenge to the Middle-Schoolers of the Southeast: What compels you to compete? Is it your superior intelligence? Or is it our great athletic feats? Do you think you’re the best? Want a chance to prove it? What compels you? Fame and glory? Honor and respect? Now, what compels God? After several games and competitions we will help you find the answers to those questions.
- Upside-Down Presentation during Saturday general session! We are tremendously excited to be presenting some highlights from the epic musical, Upside Down, at the SEC Conference in Greenville. Written by Steve Johnson and Sherwin Mackintosh, Upside Down is based on the book of Acts and illustrates the lives of the First Century disciples through singing, dancing and drama.
- Service Projects on Saturday morning! We have a great opportunity on Saturday morning to imitate Jesus in serving the poor and making a huge impact on the Greenville community. Watch for coming details and sign-up!
- Focused classes for Campus, Teens and Singles – In addition to the many classes being offered at Compelled2015, there will also be classes that focus on the needs of these special groups. This is a great time to meet others from our sister churches in the Southeast and get a compelling message that will be relevant to each of these groups.
- Compelling classes – There will be many classes offered that will be focused on marrieds, singles, parenting, evangelism, as well as topics that are relevant to the issues we deal with in this world that we are faced with on a daily basis. Need some answers? This will be your opportunity to hear about how we can deal with those “hard” topics in a spiritual way.
Do not miss this opportunity to participate in a conference that is like no other you have attended in the past! Early bird pricing ends next week so take advantage of the affordable prices while you can. Hotel reservations are now open to all and are selling out so please be sure to book your reservation today in order to get the hotel of your choice at our group rate!
The 2015 Southeastern Evangelism Conference (SEC) will be on September 4-6, 2015 in Greenville, SC.